in Santa Ana, CA
DUI Defense Lawyers in Santa Ana, California
Each year, more than 100,000 people are arrested for drunk or drugged driving in California. In 2018 alone, the California Department of Motor Vehicles reports that 127,437 people were arrested for DUIs, and 4,919 of those arrests were for felony DUI offenses. While DUIs are very common types of charges, they still can result in harsh penalties if you are convicted. People who are convicted of DUIs might face potential incarceration, the loss of their licenses, substantial fines, and other penalties.
If you are facing a DUI charge, it is important for you to seek help from an experienced DUI lawyer in Santa Ana at the Fontes Law Group as soon as possible. Our team of criminal defense lawyers has defended many people against DUI charges and other criminal offenses. We can help you understand the potential penalties you might face and the defenses that might be available in your case.
Understanding DUI Charges
Meet DUI Lawyer
What Prosecutors Must Prove
- Odor of alcohol
- Sight of alcohol containers in your vehicle
- Disheveled appearance
- Bloodshot or watery eyes
- Slurred speech
- Slowed, clumsy motor movements
- Being unsteady on your feet when asked to exit your vehicle
- Failing the SFSTs
- Any admissions of drinking
Defending Against DUI Charges
- The police officer did not have reasonable suspicion to stop your vehicle.
- Your driving was not erratic.
- The police officer did not have probable cause to arrest you.
- The officer administered the SFSTs improperly.
- The administrator of the breathalyzer was not properly certified or failed to follow proper procedures.
- There was a problem in the chain of custody for your blood sample.
- The analyst committed lab errors when testing your blood.
- Jail from 96 hours up to one year
- Probation from three to five years
- DUI education classes for 18 months to 30 months
- Fines from $390 to $1,000
- Two-year suspension of your license or ignition interlock device for one year
- Jail from four months to one year with a mandatory minimum of 30 days if probation is granted
- Fines from $390 to $1,000
- DUI education classes for 30 months
Get Help From a DUI Defense Lawyer Santa Ana
Whether you were charged with a DUI in Santa Ana, retaining an attorney at the Fontes Law Group as soon as possible can place you in a better position as compared to trying to defend yourself. Our attorneys have years of experience defending people against DUIs and can help you understand your options. Call us today to request a consultation at 714-571-0738 to speak with a DUI defense lawyer Santa Ana or Riverside today
 Cal. Veh. Code § 23152.
 People v. Randolph, 239 Cal. Rptr. 3d 395 (Cal. App. 5th Dist. 2018).
 Cal. Veh. Code §§ 23536, 23540 23646, and 23566.
 Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 36.